Neck Pain & Muscle Tension
Neck pain is increasingly common among Singaporeans, largely due to sedentary lifestyles and frequent electronic device usage, which can lead to stiffness and discomfort. Other factors, such as poor posture, workplace ergonomics, whiplash, and excessive use of painkillers or muscle relaxants, can also contribute to neck pain.
The cervical spine consists of seven small vertebrae, supporting the head's weight (around 5 kg on average). Its high flexibility makes it prone to strains, injuries, and varying degrees of pain, often accompanied by sensations like burning, tingling, and numbness.
Neck pain can also radiate to the shoulders and arms when nerves become compressed. Chiropractors can alleviate neck pain by repositioning bones, relaxing muscles, and reducing nerve pressure.
This is how you can live your life without worrying about neck pain
Enjoy Healthy Relationships
Without neck pain, you will be free from bad temper and anxiety. You will be able to talk to your colleagues about important issues at hand, plan a wonderful vacation for our partner or spend time with your loved ones playing some active sports.
Ready to Fight the battles for the day
Without neck pain, you will be able to maintain 100% focused on the task at hand. Because you are so focused, you will be able to achieve the results you want. There is no excuse to reduce your expectations and settle for less.
Living an active lifestyle living
Without neck pain, you will be able to participate in high-intensity sports such as rock climbing, skydiving, rugby and football. You can play at your best, knowing that you have no physical pain to worry about. You can keep your fitness level at an optimal level. After all, your body is in tip-top condition.
Typical Neck Pain
Neck pain can be defined as a form of pain that originates in the cervical spine. Neck pain can be considered as a common issue, with more than a third of a billion suffering from it. It can be a debilitating problem for many Singaporeans and can result in dire consequences if not treated properly.
Neck pain originates from several reasons. These are the following causes:
- Muscle and ligament strain, particularly from poor posture, or caused by an injury.
- Sitting for long hours looking at a computer, studying, or working
- Spend too much time looking down at your mobile device
- Heavy School Bag for Children
- Improper Sleeping Position
Typical Neck Pain
Whiplash describes a neck injury caused by a sudden forceful jerk which damages the neck, or backbone structures and soft tissues. While they are usually not life-threatening, they can result in permanent, partial disability. Many people continue to experience such symptoms for many years.
- Car accidents: Whiplash could result from a rear-end collision involving a car
- Sports injury: Contact sports such as rugby and football could sometimes be a cause of whiplash
- Physical-related injuries: A fall or being hit on the head by a heavy object are one of the possible causes of whiplash
Neck Muscle Tension
A neck tension is generally referred to muscles spasms or soft tissue injuries. This tends to be a common complaint. Your neck is made of flexible muscles supporting the weight of your head. They can result in injury and irritation due to overuse and poor posture
- Repetitive motion: Those working in professions that require them to do repetitive movements often cause a strain in their neck.
- Poor posture: A neck tension may occur when your neck muscles work too hard. This happens when muscles necessary to hold your head upright is too tensed up.
- Spending too much time on your devices: In this digital age, we spend a huge amount of time using our devices. We tend to hunch over them when using it and this can be a common cause of a neck strain.
- Improper sleep position: It is important to keep your head and neck aligned with the rest of your body while sleeping. Neck tension could be resulted from sleeping with a large pillow that is excessively elevating your neck
- Heavy bags: When carrying a heavy bag, particularly those with straps going over your shoulder, one side of the neck could be strained which may result in a tension.
"After completing two bodybuilding competitions in the past 3 months and after all the heavy training at the gym, I've been having a lot of upper back problems and neck pain. I visited this clinic for the first time yesterday, and I can say I feel so much better after the treatment, all the tension is released from the spine and neck, it was such a relief. I also was able so sleep better last night! the service is good and their promotions are very good if you buy a package. And not to mention Jeff and Jenny are very friendly people, they made my visit a pleasant one. I highly recommended this clinic."
- Fadi Marcello
"I had a hard time to tilt my neck for the past few month and I have lower back pain due to scoliosis. So yesterday I went for chiropractic with doctor Jeff. It was awesome experience and it was my first time trying it. Dr.Jeff explain to me about my scolosis in a very detail manner.. my neck felt sooooo~ relief and my backbone felt sooooo~much better after the treatment.. You guys should!! Try it!!"