Table of Contents


    Headache and Migraines

    There are numerous causes of headaches, or "triggers." Foods, environmental stimuli (noises, lights, stress, etc.), and behaviours (insomnia, excessive exercise, blood sugar changes, etc.). Approximately 5% of all headaches are warning signs of physical problems. The other 95% of headaches are primary headaches like tension, migraine, or cluster headaches. These headaches are not caused by disease; the primary concern is the headache itself.

    The majority of primary headaches are caused by muscle tension in the neck.

    Symptoms of Headaches and Migraines

    • Pressure or constriction on the forehead, sides, and back of the head
    • Muscle aches in your neck, shoulders and scalp
    • Ringing in the ear
    • Pounding or throbbing headache
    • Face numbness
    • Nausea or dizziness
    • Tunnel Vision
    Asian woman sitting sad by her bed

    How does chiropractic treat headaches and migraines


    Chiropractic Adjustments

    To improve spinal function and spine mobility and alleviate the stress on your nerve system.


    Spinal Decompression Therapy

    The decompression therapy machine can help to relieve and decrease the pressure on the pinched nerve.


    Home rehabilitation

    Introducing our simple home rehabilitation exercise you can follow to speed up your recovery.

    FAQs about headaches and migraines

    Everyone experiences pain here and there. The best of rule of thumb is how long the pain has been there. Is it getting worse or better? If the pain has been presented for more than 2-3 weeks and it is not getting better. Then it is highly recommended to seek further assessment and treatment.

    when the headache is not going away after 2 weeks, even if you already had plenty of rest and drink enough water.

    Migraines can be triggered by smell, sound, lights and sometimes the patient feels there is “aurora “ around the head.
    Headache will not be triggered by the above factors.